About Me

My photo
Heart of Dixie, United States
Just a Southern man who believes men should act like men and women should be treated like ladies until they prove themselves otherwise.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

How are they gonna remember you?

"Everybody dies famous in a small town..." - Miranda Lambert

Most everyone is remembered by someone after they're gone....good or bad.  There are some people, though, that always stand out in your memory.  They are the ones that helped you when you were down, provided inspiration, or were just interesting characters in general. 

Then there are those that you are glad they are gone.  I know...that sounds bad.  But you know it's true.  They were a thorn in your side, always up to no good - you know the type.

So....the question is:  How are they gonna remember you?

Are they gonna remember you as someone who always had a smile on your face, a spring in your step and a kind word for everyone you met?  Or will you be the one that people avoided in the grocery store because you always looked like you'd been sucking on a lemon or were always pushing your unwanted opinion on them?

I have so many fond memories of those "characters" that made growing up in the rural South fun and interesting.  I would give some examples but I still live here and some of you might be able to figure out who I'm talking about.  I do know that I want to be remembered that way.  I don't mind being called eccentric, odd or unique...those are compliments as far as I'm concerned.  But the main things I want to be remembered for are:  being a good husband and father....someone who was willing to help when help was needed.....and for bringing a smile to someone who needed it, either by word or deed.

How are they gonna remember you?

No comments:

Post a Comment