About Me

My photo
Heart of Dixie, United States
Just a Southern man who believes men should act like men and women should be treated like ladies until they prove themselves otherwise.

Friday, August 5, 2011

What are you holdin' on to?

I dislike Yellow Jackets....probably more so than skeeters.

You can learn a lot from watching things in nature.  I was out walking this morning and came across a Yellow Jacket trying to pick up some object on my driveway.  He was so obsessed with this object that he never saw my size 12 running shoe coming.  (I realize I may catch some flack from some of you for killing defenseless insects - let me tell you...Yellow Jackets ain't defenseless...mess with their nest by accident and you'll see.)

Anyhow, it set me thinking....how many of us are struggling with something that keeps us from seeing what's coming next?  Failed relationships, troubled childhoods, financial struggles - these things can keep us rooted in self-destructive behaviors and prevent us from seeing the big picture.  Life is what YOU make it.  You're not a product of your past.  You're influenced by it and, if you're smart, you learn from it...but it doesn't determine your course for the future.  Let it go...

Now after I squashed that ol' Yellow Jacket, some of his buddies came around to see what was happening.  Too late.  Moral of the story....it's good to have friends but when it comes right down to it, you've got to be watching out for yourself.  You are responsible for you.

What are you holdin' on to?

No comments:

Post a Comment